Day 76

Although the theme debuted with the show Miami Vice in September 1984, it wasn't until August 1985 that the "Miami Vice Theme" was released to the record buying public. By this time, I was deep into the show and its strategic use of music. And Sonny Crockett's fashion sense. 
When the catalog pictured above showed up in the mail one day in the late late Summer of 1985, I opened a credit card with them and began filling my closet with espadrilles, linen slacks, fitted T-shirts in both bright and pastel colors as well as those damn jackets Sonny Crockett wore in a variety of patterns and colors. Within a year, I was back in my own character, wearing the same old clothes I had always worn: mainly shrink to fit Levi's 501's and t-shirts.

"Miami Vice Theme" (45) - Jan Hammer

This 45 is still on the Vinyl Wall.  

My entire collection of International Male/Sonny Crockett clothes was jettisoned around my 21st birthday, after being married for a month and needing the closet space for my wife, who actually had to dress up to go to work whereas I wore the same uniform. If you ask her though, she'll tell you my Don Johnson phase was very attractive to her.


Day 77
is
September 16th

2 comments:

  1. I can't sit through a full episode anymore, but back in '85, Miami Vice influenced my life in many ways, including dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you, I have a hard time enduring most epsiodes but I do have my favorites, with "Evan" topping the list.

      MRS. HERC reminded me that when I bailed on International Male, I fell into Colours by Alexander Julian and some other desinger line that neither one of us can remember. But I still wore jeans and t-shirts.

      Delete

Add your voice to the sound of the crowd