Day 84

  • This is one of those times I wish I had a full-size scanner (or at least one big enough to scan 12" vinyl covers) as the found image is somewhat lacking. Three weeks after picking up the 45, I finally found the 12" for the "Miami Vice Theme" which featured the minute long version used for the show, a four and a half minute edit of the remix and a damn near seven minute remix version credited to Francois Kevorkian and Ron St. Germain. In early 1986, I picked up the UK import of the "Miami Vice Theme" 12", with much better cover art (see below) and was surprised to find both the Extended Remix and Remix Edit credited to Louil Silas, Jr. I remember both records sounding exactly the same. As I have neither record any longer, is there anyone able to sort this little mystery out?
  • Even though I confessed to hating their cover version of the KC & the Sunshine Band classic back on Day 64, I ending up buying the Dead Or Alive maxi single solely for the remix to put on a mixtape for a young lady I was wooing at the time, as she enjoyed the song a lot. So much that she thought it was an original. The things we do for lust.
"Miami Vice Theme" (12") - Jan Hammer (1985)
"That's The Way (I Like It)" (12") - Dead Or Alive (1984)

None of today's records are on the Vinyl Wall.


Day 85
will be
October 20th

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your voice to the sound of the crowd