Day 50



It was pure dumb luck (my favorite kind) that I stumbled across Don't Fight It in the dollar bin at Bookman's.  Earlier this year, I picked up what I thought were the 2nd and 3rd Red Rider albums (Neruda [1983] and Breaking Curfew [1984]) because I thought As Far As Siam was their first release.  The discovery and revelation of Don't Fight It pushed everything back one.

Don't Fight It - Red Rider (1980)




To Russell is a great album: tender, sweet and funny all in the 27 minute title track.  My Father was a waste of Cosby's talents and my time.

To Russell, My Brother, Whom I Slept With - Bill Cosby (1968)
My Father Confused Me... What Must I Do? What Must I Do? - Bill Cosby (1977)


  • Then as now, I prefer the ET Mix of "Would I Lie To You?" to the Extended Mix, both of which are on the 12" single.
  • After getting the "Roxanne, Roxanne" single previously, I splurged on the album which was basically "Roxanne, Roxanne" redux.  Remind me not to buy anymore UFTO albums.  But I still really like that one song with that Full Force production.
  • As a Dire Straits fan, I bought Brothers In Arms blind, without hearing a single track.  Like second side better than first side and still think "Walk Of Life" is annoying.  Blissfully unaware that side one of the vinyl album was edited to fit on a single record until I purchased the CD about a year later and noticed nearly every song on that first side (except "Walk Of Life") had unfamiliar parts and passages.  All told the CD is nearly 8 minutes longer than the vinyl but again it's only the songs on side one, the first five songs on the album.  Love the label on the vinyl, too.
  • Heard Luther scatting his way through the extended version of "Til My Baby Comes Home" in Loco that night and had to have it.
  • The Bonzo Dog Band album was in the imports bin with a clearance sticker so I gave it a shot. For rest of year, I inserted unlisted Bonzo songs at end of my cassette mixes whenever possible.  You're welcome people.


"Would I Lie To You?" (12") - Eurythmics (1985)
UTFO - UTFO (1985)
Brothers In Arms - Dire Straits (1985)
"Til My Baby Comes Home" (12") - Luther Vandross (1985)
Very Best Of Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band - Bonzo Dog Band (1984)

The TOTAL TALLEY
records bought: 209
    money spent: $1124.34

At the current pace of acquisition, I was on track to buy 541 records and spend $2910.58 by December 31, 1985.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your voice to the sound of the crowd