Day 77


  • So it appears my year long obsession with joke rap was still going strong. I couldn't bring myself to listen to the link below. I urge you not to listen as well.
  • After the somewhat disappointing Strip in 1983, Adam Ant re-emerged as a space cowboy of sorts with "Apollo 9" and "Vive Le Rock" in 1985. I had purchased the US version of the "Vive Le Rock" maxi single back on Day 69 and was hoodwinked into buying the UK import simply because the running times for each song were not listed on the outer sleeve or the inner label and I didn't want to miss out on a potentially different mix.
"Honeymooner's Rap" (12") - Joe Piscopo and Eddie Murphy (1985)
"Vive Le Rock Re Mixed!" (import 12") - Adam Ant (1985)

Neither record is on the Vinyl Wall.  (Well, actually the Piscopo one was found hiding behind an Emo Phillips album.  But let's just keep that our little secret.)


Today marks the first of four consecutive record acquiring days!

Day 78
is
September 17th

2 comments:

  1. You told me not to listen to Honeymooner Rap so of course I had to do it, but you can't make me listen to Emo Phillips no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet new logo/icon/avatar there, soft rock kid™. Seems familiar yet fresh at the same time. Are you in a love/hate relationship with the comedic stylings of Emo? Do you hate that you love his stuff? I am one of his biggest fans - have certified measurements to prove it!

      Delete

Add your voice to the sound of the crowd