Day 47


One by one and piece by piece between 1981 and 1984, I had managed to acquire all of the mighty Zeppelin's studio albums with the assistance and guidance of my classmate Elvia O. She was a girl who was obsessed with the music and mythos of the band, albeit a decade too late to witness Plant, Page, Bonham and Jones in their glory.  Elvia had one of those blue 3 ring denim-y binders that she wrote/painted the lyrics to "Stairway To Heaven" incessantly so that the binder was thick with marker ink, White Out, fingernail polish, crayon and who knows what else.  The kind of guys Elvia liked were the embodiment of Zep's image and reputation and I was far from that.  (Wonder if Elvia is as excited about those upcoming Led Zeppelin Special Editions as I am?)  Anyway, this was a 99 cent selection from RCA that completed my collection.  That works out to just under four cents for every minute of "Dazed & Confused".


The Song Remains The Same (2LP) - Led Zeppelin (1976)

I am embarrassed to report I no longer own any Led Zeppelin albums on vinyl.  Or 8-track.

The TOTAL TALLEY
records bought: 198
    money spent: $1602.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your voice to the sound of the crowd