Day 74

School started and I wasn't enrolled. Not sure what my girlfriend situation was like at this time yet I'm fairly positive that this order completed my Journey catalog rebuilding program but we shall see. (It should be noted that Journey's Departure was the last album I bought as a new 8-track in 1980.) The Talk Talk album was one of my favorites from the previous year so of course I gave it to some cutie in lieu of my heart. The band had me with their self-titled first single but I was enjoying their stylistic evolution. And the double live REO was a must-buy if only for the live version of rock radio classic "Ridin' The Storm Out".

Escape - Journey (1981)
Departure - Journey (1980)
It's My Life - Talk Talk (1984)
Live You Get What You Play For - REO Speedwagon (1977)

Journey's Escape is the only album that hasn't escaped from the Vinyl Wall.


Day 75
is
September 9th

2 comments:

  1. I had that Talk Talk album, too; the title track is my favorite Talk Talk song. Like you, I no longer have it in my possession. I'm not much for Journey, but I will admit to owning Escape on cassette back in the day.

    Speaking of Columbia House, have you ever read this: The rise and fall of the Columbia House record club — and how we learned to steal music?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I started blogging way back '12, I had four stories I wanted to tell my kids, who remain my primary audience:
    1) the TV show Fridays and all the wonderful musical acts and performances it featured
    2) the fascinating story of the Edgar Church/Mile High comics collection
    3) remembering the K-tel albums
    4) telling the story of Columbia House/RCA Music Clubs

    Two years later and two out of four stories are out there. I don't think I could do a better job than the article you linked or a couple of other ones I have read, so I may never do a mail-order music story. I've read a few good Fridays pieces but none of them focus on the music so that may still happen. No promises.

    ReplyDelete

Add your voice to the sound of the crowd