Day 79

Picked up Foreigner tickets for their Halloween Night show up in Tempe a few weeks back and realized I did not have a copy of their self-titled debut album. Columbia House sale, problem solved. Still plenty of time before the show to make the all-inclusive 90 minute cassette of Foreigner Faves for the ride up and back. Songs from this album that would make the cut would include the entirety of Side One, including smash singles "Cold As Ice" and "Feels Like The First Time" as well as "Long, Long Way From Home", the opening track of Side Two.

Foreigner - Foreigner (1977)

This album no longer resides on the Vinyl Wall.


Day 80
is
September 19th

2 comments:

  1. Were you ever frustrated by the inferior quality of the record club pressings? Every now and then I'd get a real stinker and have to send it back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. I have heard many horror stories but had never experienced any personally. I seem to recall my father may have been double-shipped his Selection Of The Month but I can't be sure and he says he doesn't remember though he claims he recieved twice as many record as he ordered by failing to send back the Selection Of The Month card. He never once returned any of them. There have been anomalies though in some of my shipments. Two or three CDs came sealed with two booklets inside and I ordered one of Columbia House's multi-album music treasuries (Rock's Greatest Hits?) that came with an exta copy of the second album inside the box set. I typed up a letter asking them if they wanted me to return it. Two months later, I received the box set again but just the box - I guess to house the duplicate album in.

    Several people have shared double-billing and other financial issues with Columbia House but I never experienced that either. I paid promptly and my account was always credited promptly.

    ReplyDelete

Add your voice to the sound of the crowd