Day 88

Like a lot of Prince fans, I read Neal Karlan's cover featured interview with Prince in the September 12, 1985 issue of Rolling Stone, saw his answer to the question "Are there any current groups you listen to a lot or learn from?" ("Naah. The last album I loved all the way through was [Joni Mitchell's] The Hissing of Summer Lawns.") and simply had to hear what he was listening to so I cashed in a free album certificate from Columbia House. Though I was less than interested with the album at the time, it has, along with the rest of Joni's music, grown on me as I have lived my life.

The Hissing Of Summer Lawns - Joni Mitchell (1975)

This album is not on the Vinyl Wall though, as you might have guessed, I have Joni's entire catalog on compact disc.


Nine more stops on this Odyssey...
Day 89 will be November 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your voice to the sound of the crowd