Day 12



Wherehouse was a West Coast chain with a few locations here in town including one in Park Mall.  It was bigger and had a much larger selection than mall mate Zip's but its prices were usually higher as well.  On this particular trip they were having one of their huge back-catalog sales with most of these falling under the Super Saver (WEA) or Nice Price (CBS) budget-priced lines to begin with.
All of these albums are favorites and solid listens for me so I'm not going to list the reasons how and why I love them so.  Drop me an email if you want to discuss the merits of any and all. 

Pieces Of Eight - Styx (1978)
Faster Than The Speed Of Night - Bonnie Tyler (1983)
Hits! - Boz Scaggs (1980)
Bella Donna - Stevie Nicks (1981)
The Wild Heart - Stevie Nicks (1983)
Quarterflash - Quarterflash (1981)
Hello, I Must Be Going - Phil Collins (1982)
Best Of - The Blues Brothers (1981)
Fragile - Yes (1971)

Surprisingly, I don't see Pieces Of Eight nestled on the vinyl shelf among the six Styx albums I still have.  I have three versions of it on CD.  Both Stevie Nicks albums as well as Quarterflash, Phil Collins and The Blues Brothers are on the vinyl shelf AND all can be found in the CD cabinets, too.  Bonnie Tyler, Boz Scaggs and Yes can only be found in the CD cabinets - the vinyl versions have left the building.  (I have an even dozen of the Can-Am units below, without the optional casters, split between two rooms as they would not all fit here in the Audio Archives after I opted to build a standing work station and a vinyl wall instead of having so much cold black steel in the room.)


The TOTAL TALLY:
records bought: 51
    money spent: $277.22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your voice to the sound of the crowd