Day 25


While scouting the local talent (the lovely ladies laying out all over campus trying to get a tan or skin cancer) this fine Spring day, I stopped in at Discount and scored two winners.

  • The twelve inch single of "Girl, Cut It Out" turned out to be the version I had heard on the radio. It is an extended 8:54 remix featuring the mighty vocal stylings of Shirley Murdock - the album version is less than half as long and features somewhat less mighty vocals from Wanda Rash. (Sorry, Wanda.)
  • Tears For Fears put out an album called The Hurting which I bought after hearing the song "Pale Shelter" in early 1983.  It was a bonus that the album turned out to be really, really good, ending up at a respectable #61 on my recently tabulated Favorite Albums of 1983 countdown. Then they put out two disappointing (to me) singles from their next album in late 1984: "Mother's Talk" and "Shout".  It wasn't until I heard the third single, the loping "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" that I decided to pull the trigger on that new album, Songs From The Big Chair.  That album never grew on me the way The Hurting did but I eventually came to like the earlier singles though I prefer the extended remix of "Shout" to the album version.

"Girl, Cut It Out" (12") - Roger feat. Shirley Murdock (1985)
Songs From The Big Chair - Tears For Fears (1985)

Both of these records are on the Vinyl Wall.

The TOTAL TALLY:
records bought: 107
    money spent: $568.97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your voice to the sound of the crowd