Day 52

Last night in 1985, I reluctantly attended a Phil Collins concert.  As promised, here is a scan of my ticket stub.



Slept in a little more than usual before heading to the record store before my own night shift at work.
  • When I bought the 7" single for "Nightshift" back in February, it was probably my favorite song at the time.  In the ensuing four months, my interest in the song had waned but I picked up the twelve inch single more out of curiosity than anything else.  Well, curiosity and the fact that I would be seeing The Commodores live in a few days.
  • If you've been following along since this journey began, you know I had issues with the latest album from Hall & Oates, Big Bam Boom.  In spite of that, I had high hopes when I saw the twelve inch single for "Possession Obsession" as it had extended or remixed versions of three songs including one of my favorites from the duo, 1980's churchy "Everytime You Go Away".  If it wasn't for the fine, archival work of DJ Paul T, I'd have no idea what it sounds like cause I didn't remember it at all.
  • Bought Hardcastle's wonderful Rain Forest album nearly three months ago and was delighted to find he already had a new single out, the stuttering "19".

"Nightshift" (12") - Commodores (1985)
"Possession Obsession" b/w "Dance On Your Knees" (12") - Hall & Oates (1985)
"19 (Destruction Mix)" (12") - Paul Hardcastle (1985)

The Hall & Oates disc no longer resides on the Vinyl Wall but it is interesting to note that on the shelf where I have a couple Hardcastle records, a few Hall & Oates discs immediately precede them alphabetically by artist.

Reader Advisory: There will only be five more posts in June.  The next one will be June 14th. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your voice to the sound of the crowd