Day 55


I know who bought this for me and it's a shame she's no longer in my life.  I always thought we'd be friends forever (she was the first girl I asked out to say we should be just friends) but she left town after high school, wrote a couple of letters and then nothing.  Until she came back into town during the following Summer and stopped by work while I was on shift.  I asked her when she was leaving town and heard what I did not want to hear: "flight leaves tomorrow morning". She slid a Loco Records bag across the counter and asked me not to open it until she was gone.  Not knowing exactly what she meant but being the obedient person I am, I opened the bag the next afternoon and found the British import 12" of "Paisley Park" featuring a remix of the song as the B-side that I didn't even know existed.  Haven't seen her or heard from her since.  I don't attend reunions so I don't know if she does and I don't do any sort of social media so I don't know if she does.  She'll always be the girl I first saw Streets Of Fire with, the girl who went with me to buy Purple Rain album on the day it came out and the first girl I took to see Purple Rain just before she left town for college. Hope you're doing well, Janice.  Thanks for the record.

"Paisley Park" (UK 12") - Prince & the Revolution (1985)

You know this is still in the Prince cubicle of the IKEA EXPEDIT 4x6 shelf that serves as the Vinyl Wall.


Day 56
will be posted
on June 24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your voice to the sound of the crowd