Day 62

This is one of those those rare days when I didn't even have to leave the house to score records, as both of the music clubs I belonged to happened to deliver stuff I had ordered.
Throwin' Down - Rick James (1982)
Cold Blooded - Rick James (1983)
What A Feelin' - Irene Cara (1983)
She's Strange - Cameo (1984)

Both of these were replacements for albums that had mysteriously developed scratches and skips. I began to suspect that someone besides me was playing my albums.

Paradise Theatre - Styx (1981)
The Long Run - Eagles (1979)

My good buddy Doug and I were mixtape making fools in 1985 as we tried to impress one another. One of the little gimmicks we stumbled onto was including a song from the 50s, 60s or 70s in the middle of a modern mix. One of my go-to's was the Atlantic and Stax records of the 60s. Doug came over this day with this 12" he had found featuring Sam & Dave doing a medley of a few of their hits with Stars On 45. I remember it wasn't as good as we had hoped. The record was "lost" soon after.

"The Sam & Dave Medley" (12") - Stars on 45 featuring Sam & Dave (1985)

Sadly, Paradise Theatre is the only record above still on the Vinyl Wall.


Day 63
is
July 15th

2 comments:

  1. I had Paradise Theater on cassette, but I was envious of my buds that owned the vinyl because it had that sweet hologram/etching like this one.

    Rick James album covers were always such a freaky scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who grew up just south of Buffalo, I was always a Rick James fan. And I owned that Irene Cara album on vinyl. Good times.

    ReplyDelete

Add your voice to the sound of the crowd